fredag 3 juni 2011

Call of Duty Black Ops - Multiplayer Review

Multiplayer - Included in all copies of Black Ops...

This is the text that greets me when I open up the free play weekend I am granted within Call of Duty Black Ops Multiplayer. See it as the demo of this era. After seeing further of Activisions choices for the franchise and others they own, I suppose I should be thankful that I do not need to pay extra for Multiplayer. But I suppose that will be the case for Black Ops 2 or Modern Warfare 4.

Speaking of Demos? Remember how bloody long ago it was you saw one of thoose for a popular game?

No, I did not veer off topic. Because a demo was the first encounter I had with the Call of Duty series. I loved the first one. The Second One. And Modern Warfare. They where great games. But the multiplayer went down the toilet with Modern Warfare. It tried to be Battlefield - and failed miserably. Instead, it was not epic duels with bolt action rifles that dominated the battlefield - but the run-and-gun tactics of submachinegun and assault rifles.

I will give CoD that. They made sniping a very uncomfortable alternative in Black Ops. That is perfectly fine with me. The rest of the gameplay experience is a mess. Its very fast, its intense and meant to be able to be played from the start. Or so I figured.

I have played the demo (That is what it is) for about 45 total game time. I died almost once every thirty seconds - with a kill ratio of about 30 or 40 to one.

And I gain points.

Let me repeat that, because its quite silly, really.

I gain points. To the point that I was second on my team. From dying. So... what did I do right? Well, on the occasion that I managed to kill somebody, I was showered with bonuses.

How dull.

No, I will play Bad Company 2 for a while longer. Then Battlefield 3. When Modern Warfare 3 comes out, I will as always play its single player mode. But the multiplayer part is just the modern era counterstrike. And if I want to play that, I go play Counterstrike.

Inga kommentarer: